Friday, 6 November 2015

Non-Human Classes

If 90% of the playable characters in the environs of Ruined Toronto are human, the other 10% are not. In addition to the three core Demi-Humans in the DCC rulebook (Elf, Dwarf, and Halfling), the following race-classes are relatively common.

FaerieAnimal (with a local species table specific to Ruined Toronto) , Gnome, MoktarMutant, Robot, Simian, Tiefling, Warforged, and Zaria. Again, when Mutant Crawl Classics hits the shelved, the non-human classes from that book will also be rolled into the mix, as appropriate. I have no problem with having a Crawling Under a Broken Moon mutant and a Mutant Crawl Classics mutant in the same campaign.
                                                                               
Ten percent of all non-humans (and therefore 1% of all characters) are "exotics". This is your chance to play an Avarian, a Ghost, a Kith, a Moon Dweller Psionicist, or even a Scrappler. The same rules apply as with non-standard human classes - you need a copy, and I need a copy. I will also need a chance to look it over. If it is published for DCC the odds are extremely good that I have a copy.

Dungeon Crawl Classics uses "Race as Class" for non-humans, but I have no problem with a player who wishes (for example) a Dwarven RunePriest.  Much more on this in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment